The types of personal information we holdWe hold personal information about our own staff, as well as the contact details of suppliers and other types of professional associates. We also hold the contact details of individuals who have purchased from us; downloaded free materials from us; been a past client; made an enquiry about our publications, training or consulting services; and/or subscribed to our monthly eNews.
Our third party service providersThe contact details of individuals with whom we have a relationship (including our staff, and individuals who work for our clients, suppliers and others) may be held offshore, including ‘in the cloud’, by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are currently Microsoft Office 365 (address book for professional contacts) and Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to measure how many people visit our website, how they found our site (e.g. organic search, clicking on a link from a tweet, or via an ad), which pages on our site they view, and whether they go on to purchase or download one of our products. This data is not shared with any other third party besides Google technical support (and then only if we require it). While Google Analytics does not directly identify users, as mentioned above we do collect the name and email address of individuals who download or purchase our products online.
Limiting our collectionsWe will only collect personal information if:
- it is for a lawful purpose that is directly related to one of our functions, and
- it is reasonably necessary for us to have the information
How we will collect personal informationWe will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless it is unreasonable or impractical We will not collect personal information by unlawful means We will not collect personal information that is intrusive or excessive We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete
TransparencyWhen collecting personal information, we will take reasonable steps to inform the person:
- what part of Brisbane Wallpapering and Decorating will hold and/or have access to their personal information
- what it will be used for
- what other organisations (if any) routinely receive this type of personal information from us
- how the person can access their personal information held by us
- whether the collection is required by law, and
- what the consequences will be for the person if they do not provide the information to us.
- what type of information we hold about them
- the purposes for which it will be used, and
- how they can access their own personal information.
Security safeguardsWe will take reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. We will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is stored securely, not kept longer than necessary, and disposed of appropriately.
Access and amendmentWe will allow people to access their personal information without unreasonable expense or delay We aim to respond to requests within 30 days We will only refuse access where authorised by law, and we will provide written reasons We will allow people to update, correct or amend their personal information where necessary, to ensure it is accurate, relevant, up-to-date, complete or not misleading Where possible, we will notify any other recipients of any changes
AccuracyBefore using or disclosing personal information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that the information is relevant, accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading
Use and disclosureWe will use or disclose personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected, unless one of these apply:
- the person has consented
- it is for a directly related secondary purpose within the reasonable expectations of the person (for example, to issue a receipt or answer an enquiry about an online purchase), or
- it is to a related or associated company for the purpose of providing a service.